The Gandaki River, a major Himalayan river originates from this holy lake. The most of the part of Damodar Kunda trekking lies in rain shadow area. So here you experience unique barren landscape having low vegetation. While trekking you encounter coldness with sandy wind. You start this trekking from Jomsom following the route of Upper Mustang trail. After you get to Lomanthang you acclimatize there for a day. Then you proceed to north east. From Lomanthang it takes three days to arrive Damodar Kunda.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ transfer to hotel
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara Overnight Hotel (35 min)
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom meet staff crow and drive to Kagbeni -1 hour approx.-camping
Day 04: Trek to Chele 3200m – 5:30 hours approx. – Camping
Day 05: Trek to Gilling – 3500m. – 5 to 6 hours approx. – camping
Day 06: Trek to Tsarang 3650m. Or Drakmar 5 to 6 hours approx – Camping
Day 07: Trek to Lo Manthang 3800m. – 5 to 6 hours approx- Camping
Day 08: Explore Around Lo Manthang – 1) Thingkar and Namgyal Gompa, -Camping
Day 09: Explore Around Lo Manthang 2) Chosar – Camping
Day 10: Trek to Dri/Yara – 6 hours approx. Camping
Day 11: Trek to Bas Khola – 5 to 6 hours approx. Camping
Day 13: Trek to Damodar Kund (lake) 4890m. – 5 to 6 hours approx. – Camping
Day 14: Trek to Ghechung Khola – 5 to 6 hours approx. Camping
Day 15: Trek to Tange – 5 hours approx. Camping
Day 16: Trek to Tetang – 5.5 hours approx. Camping
Day 17: Trek to Muktinath 3800m. – 6 hours approx. Camp
Day 18: Drive to Jomsom.-via Jharkot 2 hours approx.O/N Hotel or camping
Day 19: Fly Pokhara and after continue flight connection to Kathmandy & O/N Hotel
Day 20: Final departure of or onward destinationn
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- One day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- In trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation tented camp
- Transportation- flight to/from trek starting & ending point (KTM-Pokhara-Jomsom and Jomsom-Pokhara—Kathmandu)
- Necessary trekking restricted area permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu and 2-nights in Pokhara (BB Basis)
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water), tips for guide, kitchen team & porter etc.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipment for the trek.