Our team member will be waiting outside the airport terminal a few meters from the exit door. Please check your name at Showcard. He will bring you to hotel in Kathmandu. The drive from the airport to the hotel is around 20 minutes. After refreshment, we will brief your plan more visibly.
Gosainkunda Frozen Lake is a short and adventurous trek in Nepal, located at an altitude of about 4360m. It is also a pilgrimage trek that takes you to the holy lakes of Gosainkunda. This trek cuts across high passes and is surrounded by mountains with magical landscapes in view.
Trekking trail to Gosainkunda also offers the great chance to explore the rural communities of Nepal Himalays and also gives you chance to explore the unique tradition, culture and languages. The trail passes through the Rhododendron forests and wide range of landscapes. One can enjoy the magnificent views of giant mountain ranges.
There are nine other lakes surrounding the Gosainkunda and once a year in August, the festival of Janai Purnima, hundreds of Hindu pilgrims gather here during the Full Moon to take a holy bath in the lake.
The large rock at the center of the lake is said to be the remains of Shiva shrine. You can trek for about 4 days to reach Gosainkunda after some acclimatizing in Langtang or Helambu. It is a perfect trek for those who seek for adventure and the beauty of nature.
How hard is Gosaikunda Trek?
Gosainkunda trek can be completed by the peoples of any age groups. As this is not that much hard trek. However, a person should have stable health and can walk approximately 6-7 hours a day. When we walk upward, the situation becomes quite tough. As the altitude increases, the risk of altitude sickness also increases. But we can minimize the risk by resting one or two days that will help to acclimatize the body.
Best time to visit Gosainkunda
This pilgrimage site can be visit in the every month of the year but best is during spring and autumn. In these seasons the weather is favorable and sky is clear so that one can have the mesmerizing views of giant Himalayas in clear blue sky.
Kathmandu and Bhaktapur are very beautiful city blessed with immense natural beauties and cultural heritages. Here are some of the famous World Heritage sites where we will make a visit today.
Major Place to see: -Boudhnath Stupa, Pashupatinath, syombhunath, Kathmandu durbar square, patan durbar square, Bhaktapur durbar square etc.
In the morning we explore Kathmandu on an organized sightseeing tour Guide then Prepare for trekking.
Dhunche is the center of this area and has public offices and army camp.You is heading north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Dhunche. While passing along the road on the bank of the Trishuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills too.
Today we have gone a start hiking for Frozen Lakek. After Dhunche, we will take a right side of narrow valley. 1 hour walk then we will rich to the place call Dhimsa(2600m) then steeply up alone the deep forest to the Deurali(2900m). Another deep forest walk then will rich to the Chandanbari(3200m). Few minutes’ walk then will be in Sing gompa.
From here the path gently ascends to the mountain with bare trees. After crossing the ridge, you will be going through a forest full of moss and fern. While you reach to Lauribinayak there is a spectacular view of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Ganesh Himal and LangtangLirung. The best view point for entire trek.
At begin steeply up till the Shiva temple then Crossing over the ridge of SaraswatiKundapper the first of several Lakes dedicated to different divinities. Gosaikund is the third lake, sacred place of Hindus and Buddhist. Rests of day just explore the local area.
After having breakfast, we will trek back to Dhunche. We will retrace our footsteps and reach Dhunche enjoying the great vistas of mountains and diverse landscapes.
We will drive back to Kathmandu in our private vehicle. Enjoying the great landscapes and views of patches of small villages we will reach Kathmandu after approximately 6 hours. You can relax in the leisure time in your hotel room. Or catch some final hour shopping.
Today is the last day of our Gosainkunda Frozen Lake Trek. Our office representative will drop you to Tribhuwan International Airport 3 hours before your scheduled flight.
- Transportation for Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) -Hotel -TIA,
- Three night stay at the hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast with two people sharing one room.
- Welcome dinner, farewell dinner
- 6 days food (3 times a day) in trekking area.
- All government taxes, National Park entry fees TIMS (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Experience English speaking guide and support staff to carry your luggage (two guest = one porter (including their daily wages, life insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- Bus, Kathmandu to Dhunche to Kathmandu.
- Trekking maps, Trekking poles, sleeping bag (if necessary, we provide)
- Second day one full day tour around Kathmandu with Guide.
- Medical support: emergency first aid kit carried.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Water & any kind of Drinks.
- Tips for guide and porters
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies),
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc),
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Services not mentioned herein.