Upon arrival in Kathmandu. Our airport representative will be waiting outside the airport terminal a few Metres from the exit door. Please check your name at play card. He will bring you to hotel in Kathmandu. The drive from the airport to the hotel is around 20 minutes.
The shivapuri lekh forms the northern rim of the Kathmandu. valley. The slopes provide much of the city’s drinking water and the forests here constitute a protected zone for the reason. The highest point of the ridge at 2732
m. it provides a stunning view of the city and its outskirts. Much of the trek through unspoiled old grown forests of oak, rhododendron and beech. You may be lucky enough to spot deer, monkeys or jackal along the way.
Flora and Fauna The forests of Helambhu region and Langtang area prime example of temperate and sub alpine vegetation. The dense oak and pine forests on the trail of particular interest. As usual , the rhododendrons from a spectacular display during the spring.
Hanumandhoka (Kathmandu Durbar Square ):It is the historic seat of royalty. The Durbar Square , with its old temples and palaces, epitomizes the religious and cultural life of people. It is here that kings of Nepal are crowned and their coronations solemnized. Interesting things to see here are, Taleju temple built by king Mahendra Malla in 1954 AD, the temple of Kal Bhairab , the god of destruction, Nautale durbar, the statue of King Pratap Malla, the big drum and the Jaganath temple. It was listed in the UNESCO world heritage monument list in 1979.
On the right hand corner, a large wooden lattice screen hides an enormous gilded face of Sweta Bhairab. The screen is removed only during the Indra Jatra festival.. there are also the Numismatic museum and Tribhuban museum inside the Hanuman Dhoka palace building . Photography is prohibited inside the museums. Both the mseums remain closed on Tuesday and government holidays.
Swoyambhunath ( Monkey temple)
This is one of the world’s most glorious Buddhist Chaityas. It is said to be 2,000 years old. Painted on the four sides of the spire’s base are the all seeing eyes of Lord Buddha. It is 3 Km west of Kathmandu city and it situated on a hillock about 77 m commands an excellent view of the Valley. This Stupa is the oldest of its kind in Nepal . It was listed in the UNSCO world Heritage Monument List in 1979.
Drive from Kathmandu. to Budhanilikantha, site of a huge monolithic statue of Lord Vishnu, one of the valley’s most photographed sites. From here trail ascents into the Shivpuri hills. Pass the interesting monastery(Nagi Gompa) and climb uphill through lush oak and rhododendron forests to Shivapuri where we camp for the nights.
An uphill climb of 45 minutes takes us to the top of Shivapuri. from the ridge there are fabulous Himalayan mountain views ranging from Everest to Manaslu. The trail gradually descent through beautiful forests with different kinds of birds and flowers. From the camp site there are good view of mountain and Kathmandu. Valley.
An interesting trail takes us to the hill retreat of Nagarkot, perched on a ridge 32 km east of Kathmandu. It commands sweeping views of the Himalayas. Five of the world’s ten highest peaks, Everest, Lhotse, Choyu, Makalu and Manaslu are visible from here. Nagarkot is also a popular spot to watch sunrise and sunset.
The trail climbs up to the tower of Nagarkot. From the tower there are excellent views of mountain including view of Mt Everest and Kahmandu valley. Trail descends through rhododendron forest and villages to Dhulikhel. In a clear day there are excellent view of eastern Himalaya.
Trail ascent steeply through forest to the ridge. From the ridge there are good views of mountain and valley. The trail passes many villages and terrace to reach to Namoboudha. There are some interesting Tibetan monastery.
Explore the city of panauti and visit temples of this ancient city than take a bus ride to Bhaktapur city. at the evening return back to kathmandu.
- Airport Pick and Drop via Private Transport
- One night stay at the hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast with twin sharing basic.
- Trek Permit & National Park permit
- Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Nagarkot to Kathmandu
- Required number of experienced English speaking guides and support staff (we pay for their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- 03 days guide wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 03 days porter wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 02 nights Lodge accommodation during the trek on tea house services.
- Necessary ground transportation depending upon your request (via tourist bus or private vehicle).
- Trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag (we provide these if necessary).
- Trekking maps.
- Rubbish disposal
- Our service charge and government taxes.
- All meals in Kathmandu and during trekking
- Extra Hotel stay in Kathmandu.
- Tips to guides and support staff.
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies, such as ground transportation & Heli rescue/medical/hospitalization. Medical etc).
- Your International flight ticket airfare
- Energetic chocolate/energy drinks/alcohol/mineral water/cigarettes/packing food snacks etc
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc).
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as Laundry/WIFI on trek/phone call
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Nepal entry visa fees which can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport
- Sightseeing tour and All the entrance fees of temple in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned herein.